Treating Foot Warts
What to Expect with Acid Treatment of Warts
- Leave the band-aid on for at least 4 hours following application of the acid.
- You will experience very little pain in the office or the first couple of hours following the visit.
- It is NORMAL to have pain the night of the treatment and a few days following treatment. Sometimes the pain is quite severe.
- If you experience pain that is not relieved with aspirin, Tylenol or another over-the-counter pain medication, please call the Neuhaus Foot and Ankle office.
- It is recommended that you limit your activities for the first 2-3 days following treatment. Then resume activities as tolerated.
- You may bathe as normal.
- If pain is severe, it is recommended that you purchase a felt aperture pad to take pressure off of the wart. These may be found at any local drug store.
- A blister will begin to form with 24-48 hours after treatment. Sometimes the blister is dark in color.
- If should be left intact if possible. If it does "pop" use an over-the-counter antibiotic cream and a band-aid once a day and keep it clean.
- If blister remains intact, daily care with a band-aid is not needed.
- Keep your follow-up appointment as scheduled in approximately 2 weeks. This will help ensure the warts are effectively treated and will limit the possibility of recurrence.