What can I do if I have high arches?
There is nothing wrong with having high arches. Each foot is different and has a different shape and structure. If you do have high arches, here are 5 tips to consider to obtain ultimate comfort.
- Choose a cushioned shoe with a softer midsole and more flexibility.
- Never go barefoot, even at home.
- Try finding a house shoe that you can slide an insert into or that has an arch that fits your foot.
- Find a shoe insert that distributes the pressure evenly across the entire bottom of your foot. It should relieve the pain at the ball of your foot and heel.
- Stretch daily in order to prevent tendons and muscles from getting stiff and tight.
- If conservative options have failed, you may need an X-ray to evaluate whether surgical intervention is necessary.
If you believe you need to be seen regarding a high arch, please feel free to give our office a call to get an appointment scheduled.
Feel free to watch the video above on different stretching techniques for your feet.