Support your feet!
High arches are not always a bad thing. However, finding comfort can sometimes be difficult. Here are 5 tips to help those with high arches:
1. Choose a cushioned shoe with a softer midsole and more flexibility. This will compensate for the poor chock absorption of a high-arched foot.
2. Never go barefoot, even at home. Try to wear a house shoe that you can slide an insert into.
3. When looking for a shoe insert, find one that can distribute pressure evenly across the whole bottom of your foot. Relieving pain at the ball of your foot and heel is the most important thing instead of trying to find an insert that will "build up your arch."
4. Get in the habit of stretching daily to keep the tendons and muscles from getting stiff and tightening up.
5. If conservative options have failed, we recommend an X-ray or advanced imaging to evaluate if surgical intervention may be necessary.
We hope these tips have been helpful! If you are experiencing foot or ankle discomfort or pain, please give our office a call at (615)220-8788.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "What can I do about high arches?"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."