Tips On Using Crutches Correctly
It takes some coordination to get around on crutches and using them properly can be difficult at first. You should always follow your doctor’s instructions for using your crutches carefully.
Here are a few tips for staying safe and comfortable while using crutches:
- Don’t use crutches if you feel drowsy or dizzy.
- When using your crutches, don’t look down. Look straight ahead while you walk as you normally would.
- Don’t put any weight on your foot if your doctor has advised against it.
- Avoid walking on slippery surfaces. You don’t want to walk on crutches in the rain, snow, or ice.
- Make sure your crutches have rubber tips.
- Wear well-fitting, low-heeled shoes.
If you have any questions about using your crutches correctly, you should contact your doctor.
If you would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact our office at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Tips On Using Crutches Correctly"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."