Tips On Preventing Toenail Fungus
Fungal toenails can be difficult to treat. They are typically more resistant to treatment than Athlete’s Foot and until recently, the best available treatments prescribed were usually topical or oral anti-fungal medications, which are not always effective.
Fortunately, now we have our Q-clear laser treatment, known by podiatrists as Onychomycosis, which is a new treatment that we have been using in the office for several months. The early results for the laser treatment are very promising. In fact, early results from around the country show this laser to be the most effective on the market for treating toenail fungus. It is a painless, in-office procedure that can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
While we are happy to have a great new option for the treatment of toenail fungus, it is still important to prevent toenail fungus if possible.
So, here are some tips that can help you prevent toenail fungus from occurring in your toenails.
- Trauma to the nail can lead to infections, so be careful when cutting your nails.
- Don’t cut them too short.
- Never share your shoes or socks with other people. Also, never share your nail files or nail clippers with others or use other people’s nail files or clippers.
- Wear cotton socks and make sure they are dry. Change two to three times a day if it is necessary (moist socks or shoes can contribute to fungal infections.)
- Wear dry shoes. Also, make sure your shoes are breathable and allow air to circulate around your feet.If you shower in a public place, like the gym shower, or you are at a public pool, do not go barefoot. Always wear flip-flops or other protection for your feet into the shower or pool area.
Basically, just following the basic foot care guidelines will help you to prevent toenail fungus.
There are also products available to prevent toenail fungus in our office, such as Dr. Remedy anti-fungal nail polish, anti-fungal shoe sprays, and the sterishoe.
If you are suffering from a toenail fungal infection or would like more information on how to prevent toenail fungal infections, you can visit our new website, www.nashvilletoenailfungus.com. If you would like to set up an appointment with us, you can call our office at our toll-free number 88-713-0906 or at (615) 220-8788 or you can request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Tips On Preventing Toenail Fungus"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."