The Six Steps To Getting Custom Orthotics
Custom orthotics can be helpful for a variety of foot and ankle problems. People of all ages wear them and anyone suffering from a foot or lower limb condition may benefit from wearing orthotics. However, custom orthotics are just that: custom. So it is not like just going to the store and buying over-the-counter shoe inserts.
Here are six steps to getting custom orthotics for your feet:
1. Assessment. Before you are prescribed orthotics, you will need to have your feet assessed by a podiatrist. You will need a full clinical assessment of your foot problem and if your podiatrist thinks orthotics will benefit you, he/she will prescribe an orthosis that is tailored to your individual needs.
2. The Prescription. During the assessment, you podiatrist will not only decide if you need orthotics, but also what type you need for your specific foot problem. The orthotic is then prescribed.
3. Preparation. After the orthotic has been prescribed, a mold or digital scan will be taken of each foot so that your orthotic can be made to fit your feet specifically.
4. Manufacture. The mold is then sent to the lab, where your custom orthotics are made.
5. Fitting. Once your custom orthotics are made, you will need to go in for a fitting.
6. Review. Your podiatrist will review your custom orthotics with you so that if there are any problems with them, corrections can be made.
For more information on custom orthotics, you can watch our video Are Orthotics Better Than Over-The-Counter Shoe Inserts?
If you believe you need custom orthotics and would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact us at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "The Six Steps To Getting Custom Orthotics"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."