Taking Care of Active Feet
Sporting activities can be hard on our feet. It is important that we don’t ignore our feet and that we take proper care of them when we are exercising or participating in sports activities to avoid sports-related foot or ankle injuries.
Here are some tips on taking care of active feet.
- Wear correct shoes. Select footwear that fits you properly and is appropriate for the sport you are playing and the surface you are playing on. Also, find durable shoes that protect your foot as much as possible.
- Wash your feet every day. Remember to always dry them thoroughly afterwards.
- Always wear the correct shoe for every sport and surface. If you do not have the proper footwear with you, don’t play.
- Wear good quality, well-fitting cotton socks.
- Get in shape. Being out of shape and being overweight puts more stress on your feet.
- Warm-up. You should condition yourself gradually with stretching exercises for 15 to 20 minutes before and after any activity, whether you are just working out or practicing or if you are going to play a game.
Always follow the basic foot care guidelines as well and never push yourself beyond what your feet can handle. Also, consult with a physician before beginning any exercise program.
If you would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact us at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Taking Care of Active Feet"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."