Proper Baseball Footwear
With basketball season wrapping up soon and the baseball season just starting, you may be searching for the perfect baseball shoes or cleats for the upcoming season.
We have a few tips to help you find the right pair.
- Choose comfortable shoes or cleats. Just because they are cleats does not mean they need to be uncomfortable. Comfort is the most important element in shoes.
- Look for baseball shoes with a roomy toe box. You want your toes to have enough room to wiggle.
- Choose shoes with a snug heel. This will keep your foot stable.
- Remember to always replace your baseball cleats or shoes after seventy to seventy-five hours of active wear.
- Make sure to follow the regulations of your baseball league regarding the material allowed and the use of cleats or metal spikes. Many leagues no longer permit cleats or metal spikes, especially if games are played on an artificial surface.
- If you do wear cleats, give yourself time to adjust to wearing them on the designated surface before playing.
Choosing the right footwear is important to help you avoid injuries. Common foot and ankle injuries among baseball players include ankle sprains, shin splints, stress fractures, Achilles tendonitis, and bone fractures.
If you have suffered a sports injury and would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact me at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Proper Baseball Footwear"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."