Procedures To Correct Flatfoot Deformities
There are several different procedures that may be utilized, and even required, in correcting flatfoot deformities. The procedures used depend on the severity of the problem.
Procedures may include:
- Osteotomy. An osteotomy consists of a removal of a portion of the heel bone, which will move the foot structure back into alignment.
- Tendon transfer. In a tendon transfer, replacement fibers from another tendon are inserted to help repair damage.
- Tenosynovectamy. In this procedure, inflamed tissue around the tendon is cleaned away and removed.
- Arthrodesis. Arthrodesis consists of fusing one or more bones together to eliminate any joint movement. This will stabilize the foot and prevent further damage and deterioration.
- Lateral column lengthening. In the procedure, a small piece of bone, usually removed from the hip, is implanted in the outside of the heel bone to create the proper bone alignment and rebuild the arch.
If you are suffering from deformities caused by flat feet and would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact us at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Procedures To Correct Flatfoot Deformities"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."