Los Angeles Clippers' Chauncey Billups Suffering From Peroneal Tendon Injury
Chauncey Billups, a guard for the Los Angeles Clippers, is out currently with a peroneal tendon injury in his left foot. Apparently, the foot began bothering him in the game against the Utah Jazz last Monday.
Billups has already missed much of the season while healing from a torn Achilles tendon and has only played three games so far. His peroneal tendon injury is unrelated to the previous injury.
It is uncertain when Billups will return the court.
There are two types of peroneal tendon injuries: chronic, which develops over a period of time and acute, which occurs suddenly. Peroneal tendon injuries are most common among athletes who participate in sports that involve repetitive ankle motions.
There are several treatments for peroneal tendon injuries, but treatment usually depends on what type of peroneal tendon injury you have and the severity of the injury.
Some treatments include:
- Medications. Injected or oral anti-inflammatory medications may be prescribed to help relieve pain and inflammation.
- Immobilization. You may need a cast or splint on the foot to keep it immobilized and give it time to heal.
- Bracing. A brace may be needed for a short while to use during activities requiring repetitive ankle motion.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy, including ice, heat, or ultrasound therapy, may be used to help reduce swelling, pain and to strengthen muscles and improve range of motion and balance.
- Surgery. Some cases may require surgery to repair the tendon or tendons and sometimes the supporting structures of the foot.
Remember to always consult a physician before taking any medication. If you would like more information on peroneal tendon injuries and peroneal tendonitis, we have a video available on peroneal tendonitis on our YouTube Channel.
If you would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact us at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Los Angeles Clippers' Chauncey Billups Suffering From Peroneal Tendon Injury"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."