Keep Your Feet and Ankles in Mind When Playing School Sports
With the start of the new school year comes a new year for school sports as well, and sports can be taxing on our feet and ankles. So if you are competing in school sports this year, be cautious and remember to take good care of your feet.
Follow the basic foot care guidelines and keep your feet clean and dry. Also, pay attention to your feet and ankles during play and if you experience pain, stop. Do not play through pain. If you have injured yourself, you could cause more damage to your foot or ankle.
Here are some more tips to help you avoid injuries while participating in sporting activities:
- Always wear the proper footwear for your sport.
- Make sure your footwear fits appropriately.
- Warm up and stretch appropriately before playing or practicing.
- If you are prone to ankle injuries or have recently injured your ankle, an ankle brace may be helpful.
- Don’t wear worn out shoes. Replace your footwear after an appropriate amount of time.
- Practice. Practicing the sport helps to train and strengthen your muscles so you are less likely to injure yourself during an actual game.
If you have suffered an injury while playing sports and need to see a podiatrist, you can set up an appointment with our office online or contact us at 615-220-8788.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Keep Your Feet and Ankles in Mind When Playing School Sports"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."