Keep Active Feet Healthy
If you are an active person, whether you are a jogger, play soccer or basketball, run marathons, or climb mountains, you are a putting a lot of stress on your feet. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to suffer serious injuries on the baseball field or basketball court. If you are out there being active, the demand you are placing on your feet and ankles can lead to a wide range of injuries.
Some common injuries caused by sports activities include, shin splints, sprained ankles, blisters, Achilles tendonitis, stress fractures and torn ligaments. People who participate in sports can also suffer from common complaints such as Athlete’s Foot, corns, and calluses.
So, here are five tips to keep your feet healthy while staying active:
- Always use the proper shoes for whatever sport or activity you are participating in and play and practice on appropriate surfaces.
- Wear well-fitting, good quality cotton socks.
- Wash your feet every day and be sure to dry them completely
- .Get in shape. If you are out of shape or overweight more stress is put on your feet. Condition yourself slowly, building up your routine. Also, always stretch properly before and after exercising.
- Wear well-fitting, good quality shoes that are durable and protect your feet as much as possible.
Also, know your body and never push yourself further than you can go. It is important not to overstrain your feet, ankles and legs while exercising.
You can help prevent many simple foot problems just by following the basic foot care guidelines and using proper foot hygiene.
If you would like to set up an appointment with our office, you can contact us at 615-220-8788 or at our toll-free number 888-713-0906. You can also request an appointment online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Keep Active Feet Healthy"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."