Holiday Foot Care
The bustling holiday season is here and in full swing. You may be on your feet quite a bit this season, whether it is for shopping for gifts, visiting family, or simply taking in the views of the beautiful season. It sometimes gets to be overwhelming and so busy that we forget to actually keep an eye on our feet during this process. Here are some tips that may help you be able to stay active during this season and not have any additional foot problems come up.
- Moisturize: We all know cold air dries out our skin, and the feet are not exempt from this problem. Moisturize your feet daily to avoid gettin cracked and dry skin that may cause additional problems.
- Stretch: Stretching your feet may seem like a simple task, but it is often overlooked during the course of the day. Raise, point, and curl your toes for 5 seconds throughout the day to keep from getting muscle cramps, You can also rotate your ankles to to relax your feet as well.
- Wear smart shoes: You may love the beautiful heels that compliment your Christmas party attire, but if you plan on being on your feet for extended periods of time, choose shoes that will fit accordingly.
- Massage: Not only does this feel great, but massaging your feet can also increase blood circulation in your feet and release tension that has built up.
- Elevate your legs: If you are on your feet or even sitting for long periods of the day, make sure to raise your legs to reduce swelling that may occur.
Get help if you need it! We are open throughout the holiday season, so if you are experiencing pain or discomfort, do not hesitate by putting it off until after the new year. Call us to schedule an appointment at any of our middle Tennessee locations at (615)220-8788.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Holiday Foot Care"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."